Monday 8 March 2010

Update

Our training continues to go well and we are now covering about 50 miles a week.  On the walk itself we will be covering about twice that distance weekly.  The weather has been kind to us and we haven't been rained upon although it is getting increasingly cold and the thermals have had to come out on a couple of occasions!

I have now started to carry my 10 kilo rucksack. My shoulder is still painful but bearable and Claire, my physio at the Weybridge Hospital, assures me that it is healing.  She is seen here with me outside the entrance to the Sam Beare Hospice, the charity we are supporting in the UK.

Ana Maria seems to be coping rather well with the increased walking schedule and does not seem fazed by the 50 miles she had to put in this last week!  She keeps asking me when we are going to do a "proper day's walk". Women in her family are made of sturdy stuff!

Donations have now started to trickle in even though we are still 40 days from the start of the walk, which is quite heartening.  It is good to know that we are not the only ones who have faith in our ability to do this walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment