Tuesday 1 June 2010

Day 45 Zamora - Montamarta



With a last glimpse of the Cathedral in Zamora, and the house of the famous "El Cid Campeador", we left this morning at around 0800 hrs and were in Montamarta by noon.  Not bad going for a 12 mile trek!  I have developed a blister on my right foot which has been troubling me for a couple of days but it does not seem to be getting any worse.
The path today was a bit boring - just mile after mile following alongside the N630 and along a new motorway they are building.  We saw a new bridge being erected and that was about all the excitement we had today!

A few miles north of Zamora we went through the little village of Roales del Pan where we stopped to talk to one of the local inhabitants.  He has been building a sort of miniature theme park about the pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago and was proudly showing off his "art" - very bizarre!



Robert as usual stopped to talk to a local horse - as you can see we are struggling to find something interesting to say about today!




Most people just catch a bus and avoid this stretch.  So far we have resisted every temptation to do that and have walked every single step of the way......aaaaah!



Our Albergue tonight costs only 4 Euros each and comes complete with hot showers.  Staying here tonight are one Spanish girl Ana, one Dutch girl,  Brit, one S.Korean girl, (name unpronounceable), our old Norwegian friend Sverre and the two of us.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Robert & AnaMaria,I just love reading your blog, Iv'e been away walking so just read yesterdays blog. I'm getting worried now as I think I won't have the time to do the walk. I need to be in England by 26th which is a Saturday, it's a very tight schedule. The USA trip is fixed as I am attending a convention with a friend & has been booked for some months.I will phone you Thursday at around 7pm your time. Have a good day tomorrow, I hope the blister is better. Lov, Greta xx

    ReplyDelete