Tuesday 8 June 2010

Day 52 Resting in Puebla de Sanabria

As soon as the Post Office opened this morning we were there like a shot!  Excellent news - our package had arrived!  Incredible how such a minor thing can bring so much joy.  Mind you, you should see the state of my old shoes!  That's a photo for tomorrow's blog.  Today we have been sightseeing and the following pohotos illustrate a little bit of this beautiful town.











Tomorrow we are doing a short trip of some 10/12 miles to break my new shoes in.  Ana Maria is cutting her new insoles to size so we hope it's all systems go!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robert and Ana Maria
    Seems so long ago since you went off on your way. I've followed you on and off over the past months, and been really pleased to see your progress; I do envy you, having all that time to go out walking, and for a good reason as well. I saw you had no posts for a few days so thought I'd chip in and say keep up the good work. Steve Payne (Barbary Rock Adventures - Gibraltar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward and Marie8 June 2010 at 14:20

    Glad the shoes arrived. Hopefully they fit!!!!
    The town does look lovely, worth a look.
    Enjoy the day. Love and hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning My Friends,
    Have been away for a few days & just read your blog,it's so good to know that you are both keeping strong as you continue your progress. I admire you both so much, you are just getting on with it. The photos are wonderful ,also the narrative.I think of you both often,Elias & I have a discussion about your wheareabouts etc& follow your progress on the map. It's quite a distance youv'e walked, one step at a time, & I'm sure you have had to dig deep at times & gather the internal resources to keep the faith. Looking forward to seeing the old shoes & wish you Robert light steps &winged feet like Pegasus. love to you both, Gretaxx

    ReplyDelete